Reliance Jio itself is a 4G sim, so can I use it in 3G phone? Tons of people are searching for this query on Google & so I decided to create a dedicated post on this topic.
Universal Trick to run Reliance Jio 4G sim in 2G or 3G Mobiles
- Here we will not be inserting Jio sim directly in our phone.
- To use this trick, you will need JioFi hotspot router. We have already discussed Jiofi specs, features & reviews in this post.
- Insert your sim in JioFi router.
- Now turn on your’s 2G/3G phone’s wifi & connect it to Jiofi to enjoy internet.
- If you want to make free calls, download & install Jio4G voice app on your phone.
- Use Jio4G voice dialer to make free calls.
Before proceeding further, let me tell you 2 important things about this trick :
It is working only on few smartphones running on MediaTek processor & Android Kitkat version.
After using the trick, you will be able to use only Jio mobile data (in 3G speed). Voice calling will not be available.
Let us proceed…
Try this at your OWN RISK! We will not be responsible for any damage.
How to know if my handset is running on Mediatek chipset?
If you have a cellphone box then it will be mentioned there. Else, simply go to Gsmarena.com & check specifications of your phone. You will come to know whether you’re running on snapdragon or mediatek processor.
There’s also an alternate way. Just download CPU z app from google play store & it will give you complete details regarding your phone’s hardware & software.
How to use Reliance Jio Sim in 3G Phone?
1] First of all, download & install MTK engineering mode on your device.
2] You will 2 options. Click on ‘MTK settings’.
3] Tap on ‘preferred network’.
4] Now you have to select 4G LTE/WCDAMA/GSM option from the list. You can also choose LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) option.
5] Save everything & restart your phone.
6] Now it will show network on Jio sim.
7] Turn on data & enjoy unlimited 3G internet.
Note : This trick might not work on Samsung devices.
Use Jio 4G sim in 3G mobile with Xorware App
2] Now open Xorware interface app & it you will see something like this:
3] Change 2G & 3G network modes to 4G LTE as shown below:
4] Click on apply & restart your phone.
5] Now insert Jio sim & turn on phone.
6] If everything is fine then you will be able to use Jio’s internet.
Use Reliance Jio sim in 3G phones running on Qualcomm Snapdragon
- It’s working on very few samsung phones which are using snapdragon processor. Might work on Xiaomi phones too.
- Download mtk engineering mode app from play store.
- Go to android settings (first option).
- Select phone information 1.
- Choose preferred network to LTE/GSM/CDMA.
- Switch off phone & insert Jio sim in slot 1.
- Turn on phone & you will see signals on Jio sim.
How to use Reliance Jio 4G sim in 3G phones such as Redmi, Micromax, Karbonn & LAVA
- Open phone dialer & enter following code : *#*#4636#*#*
- Now you will see 4 options.
- Select phone information.
- Set preferred network to LTE.
#1. You can buy some cheap 4G supported modems from Flipkart or any retail stores. Micromax & Huwawei are some good options to choose from. You can insert jio sim in it & enjoy 4G speed. Since these modems are already unlocked, you can use almost any sims. They cost anywhere between 1000 Rs to 2500 Rs.
#2. You can also go with JioFi but you won’t be able to use different sim other than Jio. It’s available for 1999 Rs & you also get ‘Jio preview offer’ with it. I recommend to go with this device as you get unlimited 4G without data capping. Also, you can use its hotspot & make calls from 2G/3G devices. Want to know more about JioFi? Then go through this guide.
We will soon add trick for Qualcomm Snapdragon processors using which you will be able use jio in 3G phones like Samsung & Xiaomi. Till that, stay tuned! 🙂