Corporate giants Reliance Industries have revolutionised the Telecommunication sector in India by launching JIO services in the second half of 2016. The JIO network uses voice over LTE technology instead of traditional 2G, 3G technologies to provide High definition voice and video calling services to its customers across all the 22 telecom circles in India. Due to its unique and quality production, JIO has become an instant hit among the masses of India. JIO managed to build a loyal user base of 16 million subscribers in just one month after inception of its services.
Currently Jio’s user base is estimated to be around 200 million. Owing to its stupendous commercial success, JIO has started various social service programs through which it provides financial help to many eligible students so that they can pursue higher education.
Reliance industries through JIO are providing Scholarships to selected eligible students annually. They provide scholarships solely based on merit and not any other criteria. JIO has been providing this service to aid and help the meritorious students with low financial income to pursue quality higher education without any hurdles.
All You Need to Know About Jio Scholarship 2018 Eligibility, Application Process & Deadline
This year JIO has announced it will be selecting 2800 students for its scholarship programme. The students from 10th, 11th, 12th , bachelor’s sciences, Applied sciences, Arts, Management, B.tech, and Bachelor of Engineering ( BE) backgrounds are eligible to apply for the scholarship. A student in order to get a scholarship needs to satisfy the eligibility conditions laid down by the JIO team. As part of the Scholarship they provide tuition fees and incidental expenditures to the needy students. The students can apply for this scholarship from now onwards until early next year.
Students are selected based on their excellence in various fields like – Academics, Athletics, and any extraordinary achievement in any sport. Also students from Nursing background are also eligible for this scholarship.
Jio Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1) The student applying for the scholarship must be an Indian citizen.
2) Applicant should be a student of either 10th, 11th, 12th, any bachelors or master’s course.
3) Applicant should have excellent academic track record without any blemishes like history of indiscipline and indulgence in ragging activities in their institute.
4) Applicant should belong to financially weak background.
Details about the Jio Scholarship Scheme
1) 10th class students will receive an amount of Rs 35000 annually. The state board students in order to avail this scholarship should score more than 70% aggregate. The central board students – CBSE and ICSE students are required to score more than 85% to get JIO scholarship.
2) 11th class students will also receive an amount of Rs 35000 annually. The state board students in order to avail this scholarship should score more than 70% aggregate. The central board students – CBSE and ICSE students are required to score more than 85% to get JIO scholarship.
3) 12th class students will receive an amount of Rs 45000 annually. The state board students in order to avail this scholarship should score more than 65% aggregate. The central board students – CBSE and ICSE students are required to score more than 80% to get JIO scholarship.
4) The graduate level students will receive an amount of Rs 52000 annually. The students need to score more than 75% aggregate to avail this scholarship.
5) The Post graduate level students will receive an amount of Rs 55000 annually. The students need to score more than 75% aggregate in their final examination to avail this scholarship.
How to Apply
- The applicant can apply in both online and offline modes.
- Since the online services are yet to commence it is advised to apply in the offline mode.
- You can visit any JIO retail outlet near your house and ask their representative for the application form.
- Fill in the form accurately and submit in the same JIO office.
- The JIO team will then review your application, verify authenticity of provided information and update you about confirmation of your eligibility to avail the scholarship.
- The last date for submitting the application form is yet to be announced. Tentatively one can submit the application until February next year.
Jio Scholarship Application Form PDF Download
The application form link is not available right now. We will update it here as soon as we get it. 🙂
Do let us know if you have any doubts. Suggestions & feedback are always welcomed!