Uber launched its cab services in India in early 2013 and then ola entered into the market to give it a tough competition. Since Uber is an international brand, it is financially strong and hence offers a cheaper ride as compared to Olacabs.
Both ola & Uber were previously giving huge discounts on referral rides. In fact, they were offering free of cost rides to both invitee & invited user. They still have those offers running but unfortunately amount has been reduced to just 50 rs from 300. Many people who are first time user of ola/uber have no idea of where to enter promo code to avail discounts. So, in this post, I will share detailed method for both the apps.
Steps to Add Coupon Codes in Ola
- Open ola cabs app and login to your account.
- Then select location, cab type as per your convenience.
- Click on ride now button.
- Tap on ‘coupons available‘ which is located just after ride estimate option. If there are no coupons in your account, it will just show ‘apply coupon‘ option.
- Now add the ola promo code that you have and hit confirm button.
- That’s it! Now you will get discount or cashback mentioned in the offer.
Here’s a pictorial presentation of above steps:
How to Apply Coupons in Uber for Free Ride?
1] Open uber app and register for new account using mobile number & email id. Else, simply login to your existing account.
2] Swipe left sidebar & click on ‘promotions’ tab.
3] Now enter your free ride code and click on add button.
4] Take a ride & promotion will be automatically applied without doing anything provided that it’s your first ride.
5] Existing users will see an option to add coupon while booking ride.