When Reliance jio rolled out, it was available only on specific phones like Lyf & people were getting good speed in the range of 10-20 Mbps. I have even seen someone on Facebook who had downloaded 73 TB data just within few days of launch! Now due to heavy load on servers, download & upload speed has reduced in some areas. So we are going to share 5 tricks to increase Reliance Jio 4G speed for fast downloading & uploading.
If you are getting very low speed in the range of 150-500 KBps while downloading, then you should try out following tricks one by one.
Table of Contents
- Tricks to Increase Reliance Jio Speed
- Changing APN Settings
- For Rooted Phones
- Using VPN (No root required)
- Using Speedify to increase Jio net speed
- Changing Band (Caution!)
- Trick to increase Jio speed in Lyf Flame 6 Smartphone (Might work in your phones too)
- Increase Jio Speed using different server name
- Modifying Bearer Setting
- Boost Jio Download Speed with ADM
- Try Changing Browser
- New Trick for Mediatek Chipset
- Trick to Increase Jio Speed with DAP
- How to bypass 1GB speed cap?
- How to Monitor Increased Jio 4G Speed?
- Sharing is Caring!
Note : I have made an in-depth research & found tons of tricks on internet, most of which doesn’t work. Few of them are working great but still we can not guarantee that they will work for you as well because location is a prime factor for getting good internet speed.
Tricks to Increase Reliance Jio Speed
Note : All tricks have been taken from YouTube videos, we can not claim that they will 100% work for you.
Use these methods only if you are getting low speed (below 500 KBps). There’s no risk involved here, so you can try them out to check if speed is really increasing. At the max, these tricks won’t work for you. At any time, you can revert back to original settings
Changing APN Settings
- Go to settings
- Choose Mobile networks option
- Set Preferred network type to LTE & press back button
- Select Access Point Names (APN)
- Scroll down until you see ‘APN protocol’ option > make it IPv4/IPv6
- Again scroll & select ‘Bearer’ option & choose ‘LTE’.
- Now save all the settings (Important)
- Turn on your data connection & check speed.
For Rooted Phones
- Download 3G/4G Speed Optimizer apk on your phone (Google it for download link).
- In Select network speed, choose : 12/28/7 – Max Speed (Low battery efficiency) option.
- Click on ‘Apply Tweak’.
- Restart phone & after that (hopefully) you will see increase in speed.
Using VPN (No root required)
- Download ‘Snap VPN‘ from play store. It’s available free of cost.
- After opening, you will see the list of countries. In front on each, signal strength is given.
- Select the country which has good strength & tap on connect (poor strength = less speed)
- It might not connect in first attempt, keep trying.
- Once the connection is established, try downloading some files to check downloading speed.
Using Speedify to increase Jio net speed
- They have both version (for android & desktop version)
- If you are gonna use Wifi, then use desktop version else download their android app if you want to increase speed in mobile.
- It’s kind of VPN only.
- Simply connect to nearest server & enjoy high speed 4G in your Reliance Jio sim.
Changing Band (Caution!)
Note : Try it on your own risk! I will not be responsible for any damage. If you are noob/beginner, do not try this trick.
- Download MTK engineering mode from play store. If you know USSD code to enter into engineering mode, then there’s no need to download app.
- Change band to 40 (2300 MHz)
- Set FDD-LTE to 1800/850 MHz
- (Optional) Further you can also use Speedify to get even more speed.
- Save everything & get ready to fly with blazing 4G speed!
Trick to increase Jio speed in Lyf Flame 6 Smartphone (Might work in your phones too)
Use it on your own risk!
- Download AnyCut app from play store.
- Create shortcuts for ‘Phone Info’ and ‘Engineering Mode’ from app.
- Open ‘Phone info’ shortcut and set ‘Preferred Network Type’ to TD-LTE Singlemode.
- Check your net speed again, if it’s not improving then follow next steps.
- Open ‘engineering mode’ and click on ‘Band Select’.
- Uncheck FDD_Band5 & click on SET button. If 2300 MHz band is available in your area, then just go for it.
- Reboot phone & see the rise in jio net speed.
Increase Jio Speed using different server name
- Go to your apn setting & scroll down.
- In server section, type www.google.com & save settings.
- Reconnect your internet & check speed again.
Modifying Bearer Setting
- It will work on Motorola & few other phones running on stock android.
- Open settings > More > Cellular networks.
- You will see Jionet as existing apn, just click on it.
- There will be an option like ‘bearer unspecified’.
- Modify it to LTE.
- Save everything & turn on 4G data.
Boost Jio Download Speed with ADM
Have you ever used IDM (internet download manager) on PC? It drastically improves speed by splitting large files into small pieces. But unfortunately, this great software is not available for android. Don’t worry! We have new trick which can do this task for you.
- Install ADM app in your device. Good news! It doesn’t require root permission.
- They have an in-built browser which is not so fancy, so better is to avoid it.
- Open chrome or any browser & search for the file you want to download.
- Copy the url & open ADM.
- At top right corner, you will find + sign. Click on it & past the url.
- Hit start button & see the magic!
- When I tried this trick, I got whooping speed of 1~2 MBps even when there was poor Jio network in my area. Speed was fluctuating a bit but never went below 800 KBps.
Try Changing Browser
If you are on default browser or using chrome for downloading large files, then you might want to try something different.
I will advice to go with UC browser as it gives pretty fast speed while surfing as well as downloading files larger than 1~2 GB.
New Trick for Mediatek Chipset
- Open phone dialer.
- Type *#*#3646633#*#* & one menu will be visible.
- Search for ‘mobile data service preferred’ & click on OK.
- Download some files to check speed.
Trick to Increase Jio Speed with DAP
What’s DAP? It’s Download Accelerator Plus app which is still popular on windows platform. Now they support android OS too & it’s really working great. I noticed significant speed improvement after testing some file through UC browser & DAP.
- Install DAP from here (4.71 MB in size).
- Search the file that you want to download on any browser.
- Long tap on download link & click on ‘copy link address’.
- Once you do this, DAP will open automatically.
- Hit on start button & get super fast speed on Jio.
How to bypass 1GB speed cap?
As you know, after exhausting 1GB daily data, speed gets reduce to 164 kbps. But we have the solution to bypass this speed cap and here is the detailed guide.
How to Monitor Increased Jio 4G Speed?
By this time, you must have used Ookla app for checking the boost in reliance jio internet speed but do you know, Jio has recently launched its exclusive app to monitor the 4G performance? I bet, you are not aware of this app. Let me tell you, this app is called net velocity & it’s available for free in play store. It gives you complete details of operator, frequency, signal strength, network coverage & downloading speed in Mbps.
You can even connect with your friends & compare your Jio 4G speed with theirs in real time. Apart from that, you also get an option to compare your network with other.
I hope, you have got some working Jio tricks for increasing net speed. Share it with your friends & let them enjoy high speeds too. Comment below in case of any queries.